August 12, 2009

Is Google newspaper cartoon correct?

So is Google helping to preserve newspapers or not?

I remember Google's effort to keep adding archived newspapers to its online resources slipped into my blog reader not long ago.

I remember John Temple coming up with his own suggestions of what Google should do to help save local reporting.

There are lots of folks talking about the effect of content behind paid walls affecting the quality of Google's content.

That's why this cartoon stopped me when I started meandering while checking some blog stats - Cartoonist blogged up energy to save print had a lot folks looking at it recently. That led me to a cartoonist site where I found this Google search cartoon, illustrating a post on the Association of American Editorial Cartoonists site.

Bonus: It's Jack Ohman of The Oregonian who got the RFK Journalism Award for cartooning.

Check out some more recent work from the former Detroit Free Press cartoonist.


0 comments:

Post a Comment