March 4, 2008

Twitter away

Sometimes, experience is the best teacher so let me share some insights from another on Twitter and give you some links to Twitter media links.

Here's what Rick Mahn, who spent a year with Twitter says:
"As I've followed more and more people on Twitter, and have more people follow me, I've grown in my ability to absorb the data stream.

I've become accustomed to having bits of information stream past all day. I find it interesting when someone chooses to vent frustrations.

I'm invigorated by the short conversations on topics I rarely think about.

I get excited to be able to answer someone's question.

I'm happy when I hear good things happen to these people who are familiar to me.

I'm proud of the way the community itself pulls together and makes things happen.

Imagine, all this is captured and shared in 140 characters or less."

I can't imagine why any journalist is missing becoming a part Twitter

Want to see which news organizations are twittering? Check this list and this list of media outlets.

Don't forget the Flint Journal's breaking news Twitter.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the link! While it didn't make sense that first week, Twitter quickly became a vital communications tool for me. Today, I can't envision my online landscape without it.

    I agree with you that more media outlets need to evaluate using Twitter as part of their information dissemination toolkit. It's just too fast, and too easy not to be leveraged by anyone in any type of media. Professional or amature.

    Regards,
    Rick

    ReplyDelete