May 6, 2009

Search uncovers danger: Syracuse Communications School

Imagine my surprise when an an item from The Web Town Observer blog reported an upcoming name change at Syracuse University.
My first reaction was that it seemed odd that a place that benefitted so much from the family would choose now when the family business is in turmoil to yank Si Newhouse's name off its School of Communication.

I know that journalism schools are trying to signal that they are with the times and being named after a non-print person certainly could help.

But since naming honors usually involve donations I wanted to know how much the new honoree donated. That's when I confirmed the whole entry was only clever writing.

Oh well, the searches gave me a chance to really explore the Syracuse site.

0 comments:

Post a Comment